QuickBooks is a robust application that helps its users create reports, manage payroll, reconcile statements, and other accounting activities. But despite rich features, the application is prone to encountering some issues regularly. The QuickBooks Error 6210 arises when the users try to access the company file. This can be due to a glitch in the files or the corruption of data in the program. We have gathered some simple ways to resolve this problem in the nick of time. Read below to learn more.
If you are stuck at Error 6210 and cannot find a way out, it is time to consult an expert to get rid of the same. Our team is available for 24/7 assistance at +1 800-579-9430.
What are the Common Factors behind QuickBooks Error Code 6210?
- A damaged QuickBooks company file.
- When QuickBooks updates are not installed correctly.
- Attack of virus or malware in the system.
- A corrupted Network Data and Transaction Log file.
- Insufficient access provided to the user.
What are the Quickest Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Message 6210?
Method 1- Rename the Component Files of QuickBooks
- Navigate to the folder that stores your QuickBooks files.
- Locate the files with the Network Data (.ND) and Transaction Log (.TLG) extensions.
- Right-click on the file and choose to Rename.
- Next, you need to add .OLD to the name of the file. It should be something like [file name].ND.OLD and [file name].TLG.OLD.
- After renaming, restart your computer.
- Access QuickBooks to check if the issue has been resolved.
If you facing some issue in QuickBooks Database server then you need to follow this blog to fix QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer issue.
Method 2- Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Double-tap on the Tool Hub icon on your desktop.
- Tap on the Network Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the menu.
- When the program displays a prompt on your screen, click on the Start Scan button.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will run a scan on your device to identify and fix the issues.
- Hit the Close button.
- Open QuickBooks and your company file to see if the issue is resolved.
Method 3- Locally Access the Company File
- Navigate to the folder that holds your QuickBooks company file.
- Locate the file with the .QBW extension. This is your company file.
- Click right on the file.
- Select the Copy option.
- Next, you need to move to your desktop screen.
- Right-click on the screen.
- Choose the Paste option.
- After this, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and open QuickBooks simultaneously.
- This will prompt the No Company Open window.
- Tap on the “Open or Restore an Existing Company” option.
- Open the file from the new location.
It is time to wrap up our blog on QuickBooks Error 6210. We hope that our solutions were resourceful in supporting you to eliminate the same. For additional technical assistance, you can get in touch with our pro-advisors at +1 800-579-9430. We are happy to help.
Related Article :- How to Quick Resolve QuickBooks error 179